To install Ghost locally you will need the following:
Running Ghost locally on your Mac is the easiest way to get your own copy of the software running and be able to do some local development with it. By the end of this guide you will have completed a local Ghost install that runs in development mode using SQLite3.
Download and Install Node
Go to node.js and download the Mac OS X Installer (.pkg).
Install the node.js package that was downloaded.
Node was installed at
/usr/local/bin/node and npm was installed at
Download and Install Ghost-CLI
- Open up the Terminal application on your mac and type in the following command:
sudo npm install -g ghost-cli@latest
- Enter in the password you use for your Mac.
- Create the folder where you want to install Ghost.
- In Terminal, type in
cd /path/to/ghostfolder(in my case /Users/rcherara/myGhostLocally ) or you can type
cdand then a space, and then drag and drop the folder from finder into Terminal and press enter.
- Also in Terminal, type in:
ghost install local
- This will install and start Ghost.
Once the install is finished you'll be able to access your new site on
http://localhost:2368/ghost to access Ghost Admin